Check out the Tasty One-Stop Shop for cookbooks, aprons, hats, and more at TastyShop.com: http://bit.ly/2mEBY0e
Here is what you’ll need!
Greek-Style Pasta Bake (Pasticcio)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
1 celery, diced
400 grams beef mince
500 milliliters tomato passata
2 garlic cloves, crushed
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
800 grams penne pasta, cooked
1 tablespoon melted butter
80 grams Parmesan cheese, grated
300 milliliters béchamel sauce
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
2. In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over a low to medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, and celery to make a quick soffritto. Fry them for 5 to 10 minutes, until the vegetables turn soft and translucent.
3. Add in the beef mince and fry for a further 5 minutes until golden brown.
4. Add in the tomato passata, crushed garlic, and cinnamon, and simmer for at least 10-20 minutes. The longer you simmer it, the more flavour will come out. This can take up to 2 hours.
5. Meanwhile, cook the penne pasta, then mix them with melted butter and 50 grams of grated Parmesan.
6. Place the pasta on the bottom of a lasagna dish, then layer on the tomato beef sauce.
7. Mix the nutmeg in the bechamel sauce and pour on top of the beef sauce.
8. Sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese on top of the dish.
9. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until the top turns golden brown.
10. Serve and enjoy.
Check us out on Facebook! – facebook.com/buzzfeedtasty
Licensed via Audio Network